“As part of its longstanding commitment to Africa, Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) today announced the launch of the Africa Innovation Challenge, an initiative to support Africa’s vibrant and growing innovation ecosystem and to help develop important and locally sustainable consumer health solutions. The challenge is the latest initiative in the company’s comprehensive approach to advancing health and innovation worldwide. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies’ presence in Africa dates back more than 80 years and includes business operations, public health programs and corporate citizenship.”
Johnson and Johnson
Throughout Africa, we are looking to drive entrepreneurship and help advance promising consumer health-care solutions. Chosen applicants will receive a combination of awards including funding up to US $100,000, potential lab space in Africa and/or business and technical mentoring from some of the brightest minds at Johnson & Johnson to help bring their idea to life and create meaningful change in their community or country.
More about the application process
The submitted consumer health care solutions will be evaluated based on their ability to meet the following criteria:
- Idea submission addresses at least one of the three challenge categories:
1) Promoting Early Child Development & Maternal Health in Africa,
2) Empowering Young Girls in Africa,
3) Improving Family Well-being in Africa
- Idea submission is innovative and creative
- Idea submission is scalable
- Idea submission outlines how the award would help them reach a critical milestone within the time frame of a single year and provides a full commercialization plan
You have to sign up for an account to get started, and you will receive an email to activate your account. You will be guided through the application process which will include signing our general Terms and Conditions Agreement, filling out your application form and uploading your non-confidential project plan.
Deadline to apply is January 17th, 2017
Winners will be announced by the end of February 2017